I recently attended the virtual Cross-Platform Mobile Development Summit 2020 and here are my short notes, resources & a list of people to follow in case you’re interested in learning more about the topics listed. This blog post is divided into two main parts: React Native & Flutter.
Learn Once, write anywhere
- React native is not a hybrid solution, transpiled language nor completely native.
- React Native is bundled, i.e. it interacts with native the mobile APIs. Bundlers for React Native: Metro(default), Expo.
- Nowadays, with a single React Native codebase, you can not only create Android & iOS apps, but also web, Windows & macOS apps. Checkout react native for web & React Native for Windows + macOS.
- Also see React Native for Web Developers.
- Here’s an example cross-platform application which demonstrates how you can request camera permissions for different platforms (Android, iOS & Web) using a single codebase.
- You can also create Progressive Web Apps using React Native.
- Follow Roy Derks on Twitter.
It’s All About Animations
Nav transition by Creativedash Exponent: https://exp.host/@catalinmiron/react-native-nav-transition Stack: "For the…
Declarative transitions and animations for React Native $ npm install react-native-animatable --save To animate things…
react-spring is a spring-physics based animation library that should cover most of your UI related animation needs. It…
Introducing Reanimated 2
React Native Reanimated 2 is out! It features new, worklet-based API that allows for writing performant interactions in…
A follow up project called react-native-shared-element has been created which can be considered the successor to…
Native shared element transition "primitives" for react-native 💫 - IjzerenHein/react-native-shared-element
Charts in React Native
The library was designed to create aesthetic, animated (so far only linear) charts based on a given input. The main…
Here are some examples to help you get started. Each example below links to a live, editable playground. Code samples…
Other React Native Resources
Material design for react native
Save on user-credentials on device securely
- Online Dart Editor — DartPad
- Everything is a widget in Flutter.
Getting Started with Flutter
Write your first Flutter app, part 1
Tip: This codelab walks you through writing your first Flutter app on mobile. You might prefer to try writing your…
This cookbook contains recipes that demonstrate how to solve common problems while writing Flutter apps. Each recipe is…
Testing in Flutter
An introduction to unit testing
How can you ensure that your app continues to work as you add more features or change existing functionality? By…
Testing if the widgets are laid out correctly and how the widgets behave when you interact with them.
An introduction to widget testing
In the introduction to unit testing recipe, you learned how to test Dart classes using the test package. To test widget…
They test the whole app (with all the widgets are integrated).
An introduction to integration testing
Note: The integration_test package is now the recommended way to write integration tests. See the Integration testing…
People to Follow